Day 50 Napoleon, ND to Bismarck, ND 73.6 miles Total 2,409.5

 Napoleon boasts a restaurant/bar that serves the requisite hamburgers and chicken baskets.  Thursday through Saturday you can get dinner items and even a salad.  (I did appreciate the sentiment about ice cream, though.) 

BUT, nothing is open early in the morning. So Steve had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and rode off into the sunrise. 

On the other hand, Nicole from Gackle highly recommended that I stop at Mabel's for donuts, so I hung around Napoleon until Mabel opened shop at 7am.  The donuts were as good as promised.  I saved them and met up with Steve at about 10am.  We found a gas station that had breakfast sandwiches and shared the donuts outside!  I continued into the big town of Bismarck.  In anticipation of our next camping adventure, I decided I need a new air mattress.  The $9 mat from Walmart isn't cutting it.  Dick's Sporting goods had just the upgrade I was looking for, a $14 air mattress.  Stay tuned....



It is hard to describe how BIG it is out here and how much nothing-but-prairie there is.  I took this picture because of the color contrasts and because they apparently don't grow rocks here as well as we do in Maine.

Steve was taken with the town of Braddock, population 21.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 34 Davenport, IL to Dubuque, IL 83.4 miles Total 1,609.0 mi

Day 4: Conquering the Kank! Tot: 175.4 mi

Day 78 The FINISH! Snohomish, WA to Brackett's Landing, Edmonds, WA 22.2 miles Grand Total 3,820.5 mi