Day 54 Medora, ND to Glendive, Montana 62.8 miles Total 2,620.1 mi

 Today was a record-breaker.  Steve left by 5am to try to beat the heat of the day.  Riding mainly on Interstate 94 in 88 degree heat, he had an average speed of 14.4 mph.  He made his best 40k time too.

He took one break in Beach, ND and stopped at the Montana border.


I followed along, as usual.  I wish I had felt comfortable enough to stop along the side of the Interstate to take more pictures, because the vistas were amazing. The 80 mph speed limit kind of freaks me out.  I have seen many fields of hay bales, but nothing like these endless miles of round bales.

We had arrived in our destination of Glendive and checked into our motel by 9:45!  The staff at the Yellowstone River Inn were so nice and accommodating to get us in so quickly.  

I decided to take in the Glendive Fossil and Dinosaur Museum.  It was an interesting place, with an interesting take on fossils and dinosaurs and really nice displays.





An actual pouring down rainstorm was the finale for the evening.

Comments

  1. Beach ND. Huh. Didja bring the beach chairs? One of the most striking things I remember of those vistas was seeing a moving freight train stretch across about 200 degrees of my horizon. That boy is going to have no problem Going to the Sun. Be safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Conquering the Kank! Tot: 175.4 mi

Day 34 Davenport, IL to Dubuque, IL 83.4 miles Total 1,609.0 mi

Day 78 The FINISH! Snohomish, WA to Brackett's Landing, Edmonds, WA 22.2 miles Grand Total 3,820.5 mi