Day 56 Circle, MT to Jordan, MT 67 miles Total 2,737.2 mi

 Off and riding before 4am!  Today could prove to be really difficult with all the rolling hills and the heat, so an extra-early start is important.

Since we were up, I decided to see what a Montana sunrise looked like.  Driving a very short distance east, I came to a spot where the view was unobstructed...not particularly difficult around here.  I watched the sky lighten.  I watched 3 deer wander through a section of pasture.  I took a million pictures.  I backtracked and saw pastured horses against the early morning sky.  I returned to the sunrise.  I saw the same three deer, who peaked around the silo at me.  THEN I followed Steve.













I couldn't get out of the truck, because those deer were already carefully watching me.  But the sunrise captured in the rearview mirror makes it look artistic, right?

Still no shortage of interesting scenery



And wildlife.  A beautiful antelope.

Steve was lucky, because it is Sunday and July 4th holiday as well.  Very little traffic and no construction work going on in the 3.5 mile construction zone.  We had heard stories about how crazy it is on a normal work day.  So he cruised into Jordan around 9:30 with the temperature up to 80.  Happily the motel room was ready.  He knew he needed to get into the bottom of the truck for electrical tape, so we unloaded all our stuff.  By the time he had retrieved the tape, decompressed, and showered, we were both hungry for lunch.  We found the Hell Creek Bar and settled in.  Nicole, the barkeep, was a lovely young lady who chatted amiably as she went about the bar business.  We had great hamburgers.  When I asked for water, she said, "You are not from Jordan, are you? No? Okay, I'll bring you a bottle."  Apparently outsiders find Jordan water a bit hard on their systems, and she was watching out for us.


Steve, reflected in the mirror behind the bar.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 4: Conquering the Kank! Tot: 175.4 mi

Day 34 Davenport, IL to Dubuque, IL 83.4 miles Total 1,609.0 mi

Day 78 The FINISH! Snohomish, WA to Brackett's Landing, Edmonds, WA 22.2 miles Grand Total 3,820.5 mi